Dermal Fillers Rehoboth Beach
While we all desire less body fat, full facial contours is symbolic of youth and wellness. With lack of adequate facial volume, our facial appearance begin to appear sunken and look much older. Advanced Plastic Surgery/Nouveau Medispa offers the entire spectrum of dermal fillers and collagen stimulators to replenish facial volume, reverse the effects of aging and deliver a more rejuvenated appearance to your face.
What Are Dermal Fillers?
In simplistic terms, our facial appearance is a product of our skin and its underlying supporting structures (connective tissue). This complex network are made of 3 vital components 1. Cells – fat, bone, cartilage, 2. Fibers – elastin 3. Extra cellular matrix “glue” – collagen, hyaluronic acid
As we age, our skin and underlying supporting structures also age which results in a sunken and deflated appearance.
How Do Dermal Fillers Work?
We can rejuvenate our aging face by resurfacing our skin and replenishing it’s underlying support network. Because we all “age” differently, it’s vital to be able to offer a wide spectrum of dermal fillers or stimulators to restore and replenish the skin and underlying support network
My skin looks wonderful and I’m always receiving so many compliments on it!
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a clear gel sugar molecule that forms an important part of the underlying support network of the skin. It is responsible for smoothness of the skin due to the ability to bind large amounts of water molecules.
What is Collagen?
Collagen is a protein molecule that, along with hyaluronic acid, forms an integral part of the underlying support network of the skin. It is responsible for tightening, firming, humidity, elasticity and constant renewal of skin cells.
- Restylane (Replenishes) – clear gel formulation of hyaluronic acid that mimics your body’s own naturally produced. Restylane very predictable around the eyes and other areas of the face, Restylane Lyft has the highest structural support capabilities and very effective for rejuvenation of the cheeks and jawline
- Juvederm (Replenishes) – an injectable clear gel comprised of hyaluronic acid for correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds and areas that need volume replacement. Juvederm Ultra effective for rejuvenation around the mouth and lip enhancement. Voluma effective to correct age related volume loss in the cheeks and temples
- Radiesse (Restores) – calcium hydroxyapatite formulation that stimulates natural collagen and elastin fiber production. Also effective structural support filler along jawlline and cheek
- Sculptra (Restores) – poly-L-acid formulation that stimulates natural collagen and elastin fiber production.
- Revanesse Versa (Replenishes) – hyaluronic acid clear gel dermal filler used to fill in deeper wrinkles and folds, increase facial volume and refine and contour facial contours. 24% less swelling than another popular dermal filler
- Voluma (Replenishes) – an Injectable clear gel comprised of hyaluronic acid, placed in deep position of the face to correct age related volume loss in cheek and temple areas
Dermal Fillers FAQs
What to Expect? (Dermal fillers)
- 15 -30 minute office procedure including numbing cream
- avoid aspirin and blood thinners 7-10 days before
- wear no makeup or foundation
- after patient aging concerns are discussed and treatment plan outlined, procedure is performed
- Nitrous oxide available upon request
- Ice 20 minutes on/ 20 minutes off first 24 hours
- expect possible swelling and bruising 1-7 days depending upon area and individual response
- Arnica tablets can be effective
- avoid strenuous exercise 1-2 days depending on individual swelling response
- Starting the first evening, gently massage treated area with light moisturizer 3 evenings in a row
- wait 7-10 days to allow swelling to fully subside before addressing any concerns of final results
- Allow 4-6 weeks to see results of the biostimulatory effects of Sculptra and Radiesse
- Longevity (varies among individuals): lips (4-6 months), around the mouth (6-9 months), cheeks (9-12 months), under eyes (years)
- Fat grafts (Replenishes)
- Fat transfers very effective in producing a natural, safe and predictable rejuvenation of the aging face, hands, body and breasts
- Fat transfers to face and other areas of the body are long lasting
- Since your own fat cells are used, you will not experience an allergic reaction
- Fat transfers very cost effective when combining with another body contouring procedure (liposuction)
Fat transfers take your unwanted fat from areas such as love handles, thighs or abdomen and reinject into aging areas of the face and body. If injected into areas of less motion such as cheeks and temples, these fat fat transfers will be longlasting while lifting and rejuvenating aging areas.
What to expect (Fat transfers)
- Office based procedure, 1 hour, under local anesthesia
- donor site/problem areas of fat determined: live handles, thighs, abdomen
- careful liposuction performed, fat placed in centrifuge, processed pure fat cells collected into sterile syringes
- Fat grafts injected into specific areas of face and body via blunt microcannulas very similar to synthetic dermal fillers
- expect swelling and bruising up to 7 days with mild discomfort
- Do not ice treated areas
- Up to 50% fat cells transferred survive and should reach stable results after 6 weeks