Breast Lift Rehoboth Beach
A breast lift raises the sagging breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding skin and breast tissue to reshape and create a more rejuvenated breast form. Recent statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons show the increased popularity of breast lifts that are now outpacing the demand for breast implants since 2000.
Over time, a woman’s breasts will loose their youthful shape and firmness through progressive loss of volume and skin elasticity as a result of:
- Weight loss/ weight fluctuations
- Breast feeding
A breast lift surgery with create a more rejuvenated and lifted breast form and if needed, can reduce the size of an enlarged areola. The mastopexy does not change the size of your breasts or round out the upper part of you breast. Depending upon your initial cup size, a breast lift will give you fuller breasts to a certain amount. If you desire more roundness and more overall volume, you may consider combining breast augmentation to the breast lift surgery.
If you desire smaller breasts, you may consider breast reduction surgery.
I have had many procedures with Dr. Chang and he has always been wonderful and made me feel very confident in what my outcome will be. Hands down #1 Doctor in my book!
Who are considered a good candidate for breast lift surgery?
- Desire to regain a more youthful appearance of breasts
- Desire to be able to wear a tank top shirt without the need for a support bra
- Concern for appearance of sagging breasts with loss of shape, volume and upper pole fullness
- Concern for nipples and areolas that point downward
- Concern for areolas that are stretched out and too big
- Concern for uneven breasts
- Physically healthy, stable body weight and nonsmoker
- Realistic expectations regarding final outcome
What to expect at your breast lift surgery consultation
- Carefully listening to your overall breast concerns and goals for breast lift surgery
- Obtaining complete history of medical conditions, medications, allergies, smoking and drug history, prior breast surgeries, prior mammograms, family history breast cancer
- Examination of breasts, size, shape, volume, nipple position and size areolas, skin thickness, skin envelope (normal, restricted skin or tuberous), unevenness
- Photographs taken
- Surgical options will be discussed and a surgical treatment plan will be recommended discussing details, risks and expected outcomes of the procedure
- Other procedures such abdominoplasty or tummy tuck can be addressed (see Mommy makeover)
What are risks associated with breast lift surgery?
- Poor healing of scars
- Anesthesia risks
- Changes or loss nipple sensation- temporary or permanent
- Breast shape irregularities
- Breast unevenness
- Possible loss of skin or nipple complex, partial or complete
- Breast implant risks (see breast augmentation)
- Fat necrosis- small hard lumps under skin from some fat cells dying
- Seroma: fluid accumulation
What to expect from your surgery and recovery?
- Breast lift surgery is an outpatient procedure under general anesthesia performed at either the hospital or Medicare approved ambulatory surgery center
- Average length of procedure between 1 1/2 to 2 hours
- May return to car driving and light lifting <10 lbs first 7-10 days
- May return to full activity including exercise in 6 weeks
- Post surgical compression bra first 6 weeks and switch to a sports bra 3-6 months
- Scar management with silicone gel to be started 2-3 weeks after surgery