Thigh Lift Rehoboth Beach
A thigh lift procedure is also known as a thighplasty which reshapes the thighs by reducing excess skin and fat resulting in smoother, firmer skin and better contours for the thighs and lower body. Liposuction of the thighs alone will reduce unwanted fat but will not improve sagging skin, in fact, it would worsen the existing sagging skin.
In cases where thigh skin elasticity is poor as a result of significant fluctuations in weight gain and loss, a surgical thigh lift may be recommended but this comes with permanent scars, greater risks and longer recovery.
In cases where thigh skin elasticity is less severe and people want to avoid surgery, nonsurgical devices offer noninvasive (e.g. Exilis Ultra) and minimally invasive (e.g. BodyTite, Morpheus) options for reshaping the aging thigh. Although the attraction to these less invasive procedures include no scars, minimal risks and downtime, the outcomes are less impressive, require multiple treatments in addition to maintenance treatments and will not help people with poor skin elasticity.
I have been coming to the office for years and I absolutely LOVE the office staff! You have the best in the business! They go above and beyond.
Am I a good candidate for surgical thigh lift?
- Patient’s inner thighs have poor skin elasticity and tone
- Patient is accepting of a permanent scar
- Despite prior weight fluctuations, weight is relatively stable
- Patient is in good medical condition and nonsmoker
- Patient is fully informed and understands detail, risks, recovery and expected outcomes of a thigh lift procedure
What should I expect at my thigh lift consultation?
- Listening to concerns about thigh appearance and sagging skin
- Evaluation of general medical conditions, medications, allergies, previous surgeries, exposure to smoking, height and weight
- Examination of thighs assessing amount of skin laxity, thickness and quality of the skin and amount of unwanted fat deposits
- Photographs are taken
- Discussion of options for treating thigh concerns: nonsurgical versus surgical
- Outline a surgical plan
- Discussion of details, risks,recovery and expected outcomes of a surgical thigh lift
What are the risks of a surgical thigh lift?
- Visible scars
- Problematic scars- thick, itchy, painful
- Poor healing of incision
- Numbness or altered sensation
- Contour irregularities
- Hard lumps under the skin
- Residual or recurrent loose skin
- Residual fat deposits
- Anesthesia risks
- Additional procedures
What should I expect at my thigh lift procedure?
- Depending upon how much skin and fat is removed, a thigh lift may be performed under general anesthesia as an outpatient or an overnight stay
- Approximately two hour procedure
- After patient has been fully informed of details, risks, recovery and expected outcomes of the procedure, surgical markings with careful detail given to placement of the incision and eventual scar plus marking areas of unwanted fat deposits that will be removed with liposuction
- Drains are placed that will be removed in about one week
- Dressings and compression garments are placed
- Follow up in office 48-72 hours after the procedure
- Light activity including car driving and lifting under 10 lbs after 3-4 weeks
- Full activity including exercise and unrestricted lifting 2-3 months after the procedure
- Scar management starting after 3-4 weeks when stable healing of the incisions