Laser Assisted Liposuction Rehoboth Beach
Liposuction assisted with laser liquefies the fat before it is removed from the body. Laser assisted liposuction nonexcisional procedures offer another option to the more invasive body contouring procedures – tummy tucks, neck lifts, arm lifts – that would leave potentially permanent visible scars with longer recovery and greater risks.
While conventional liposuction represents one of the most common cosmetic procedures in the United States in effectively slimming and reshaping many areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits, it does not tighten loose skin (only up to 5% skin tightening). Select laser assisted liposuction devices (BodyTite by Inmode) has been shown to slim and reshape many areas of the body through removal of excess fat deposits and at the same time, produce up to 35% additional nonsurgical skin tightening. In some patients, this form of laser assisted liposuction when applied to the abdomen could produce a result of 30-50% of that of a tummy tuck in terms of fat removal and excess skin removal. Smart Lipo is another laser assisted liposuction device that can effectively liquefy fat for fat removal and nonsurgical skin tightening.
Laser assisted liposuction could be applied to other areas of the body were excess fat deposits and skin sagging exist including thighs, arms and neck. Laser assisted liposuction may be more effective in improving areas of cellulite in thighs and buttocks compared to conventional liposuction. Radiofrequency microneedling devices (Morpheus by Inmode) are often combined with the laser assisted liposuction to maximize nonsurgical skin tightening.
Laser assisted liposuction can treat many areas of the body
- Chest (gynecomastia)
What laser assisted liposuction cannot do
- Laser assisted liposuction cannot treat obesity
- Laser assisted liposuction cannot replace a healthy diet and regular exercise. It is not intended as a means to lose weight
- Laser assisted liposuction will not effectively treat areas of severe skin sagging in lower abdomen, arms, thighs and neck
- Laser assisted liposuction will not treated severe cellulite in thighs and buttocks
Am I a good candidate for laser assisted liposuction?
- Areas in the body with both mild to moderate sagging skin and excess fat deposits such as lower abdomen, upper arms , inner thighs and neck where liposuction alone might worsen the sagging skin and excision of sagging skin is associated with potentially visible scars, longer recovery and greater risks
- Patients who do not want to undergo a tummy tuck, arm lift, thigh lift or neck lift which are associated with long visible scars, longer recovery and greater risks
- Patients who have realistic expectations of the outcomes associated with a nonexcisional tummy tuck, nonexcisional arm lift, nonexcisional thigh lift and nonexcisional neck lift. These nonexcisional procedures will achieve 30-50% improvement of body contouring compared to the conventional excisional procedures
What to expect at your laser assisted liposuction procedure consultation
- Listening to your areas of concerns, goals and expected outcomes
- Evaluation of general medical conditions, medications, allergies, previous surgeries, exposure to tobacco, alcohol and drugs
- Examination of areas of fat deposits and skin sagging. Assess amount of excess fat and excess skin. Assess quality of skin tone/elasticity and skin thickness Body weight and height measured.
- Photographs taken
- Based upon managing realistic expectations, a surgical treatment plan is outlined
- Details, risks and expected outcomes of the laser assisted liposuction procedure are discussed
What are the risks associated with laser assisted liposuction procedures?
- Minimal bleeding
- Tiny scars
- Skin burns
- Pigmentation abnormalities
- Skin irregularities
- Small hard lumps from necrosis of fat cells
- Residual fat deposits
- Unrealistic expectations
What to expect from your laser assisted liposuction procedure
- Laser assisted liposuction procedure is an outpatient procedure usually performed in office under local tumescent anesthesia. Upon request, the procedure can be performed under anesthesia in the ambulatory surgery center
- This procedure takes up to 2 hours
- Patient is premedicated with an oral antibiotic, anxiety and pain medication. Nitrous oxide is offered to reduce anxiety and discomfort
- Patient is instructed to take plenty of oral fluids over a 48 hour period leading right up to the time of the procedure
- A dilute local anesthetic solution (tumescent) is injected to all areas to be treated
- A laser probe is placed below the skin surface to melt the fat and heat up the skin to a controlled temperature to maximize tightening of collagen and elastin fibers of the sagging skin
- Liposuction is performed to reduce unwanted fat and artistically contour the body
- Radiofrequency microneedling device is applied to the laser treated skin to provide maximal nonsurgical skin tightening
- Dressing and compression garments placed
- Patient allowed to change dressings the following day and take a shower
- Patient allowed to walk immediately after the procedure and drive a car the following day
- Patient may resume normal activity and exercise 5-7 days after the procedure