Subnovii Plasma Pen Rehoboth Beach
Jump to: Procedure | Testimonial | Video | FAQs | Related Procedures | Schedule Appointment
Smooth and firm facial skin is symbolic of youth and wellness. Aging facial appearance is associated with increased lines, wrinkles and folds. The Subnovii is the first and only plasma device with LF technology using low frequency plus a patented wavelength and power combination.
What Does The Subnovii Plasma Pen Treat?
- Targets areas to be treated for lines, wrinkles, crepey skin and folds:
- Upper/lower eyelids
- Crow’s feet
- Lips/around the mouth
- Skin tags
- Other areas including stretch marks, above knees, upper arms and more…
- Subnovii highly controlled LF emission means treatments are more precise and predictable and reduced healing time for the patient
- Subnovii ergonomic design allows tailor made precise treatments of fine lines, wrinkles and crepey skin around eyelids and mouth
- Subnovii plasma pen = “Energy scalpel blade”: no cutting of skin, no stitches, no injectable anesthetics, minimal side effects, minimal downtime, no thinning of skin
Meet Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon,Dr. Lawrence Chang
Dr. Chang has treated my mother, a friend and my sister in different types of illnesses and with-out hesitation. I will come to him for treatment or refer him to anyone.
What is Plasma?
- Plasma is a gas made up of positively charged ions from the surrounding air
What is a Plasma Pen?
- An ergonomic device with an internal electric source that converts gas from the surrounding air into a plasma diatomic mixture of molecular oxygen and nitrogen. This energized gas matrix is transferred to the surface of the skin in a non contact way. The plasma pen will not fire its energy beam if it’s too far away or if it touches the skin surface
How does the Plasma Pen work?
- After thorough discussion about facial skin aging area of concern and photos taken, a treatment plan is designed to place the plasma pen dots in a specific matrix pattern that will treat the wrinkled or crepey skin or aging lines
- Each area of the aging face is treated as an aesthetic subunit. Each aesthetic subunit serves as a template for placement of the dot matrices: lower eyelids, upper eyelids, Crow’s feet, around the mouth etc
- The Subnovii plasma beam is directed to uniformly cover a particular matrix pattern. The energized plasma beam heats and creates precise tiny dots or micro channels all the way through the outer skin layer (epidermis) in its first pulse that is sealed off immediately with a tiny blood clot and small scab followed immediately with another energy pulse that penetrates to the deeper skin (dermis) to directly target the fibroblasts to stimulate production of type 1 collagen and elastin fibers
- The scabs that form immediately closes the skin surface to facilitate rapid healing and minimize infection
- Initially, topical numbing cream is applied and the treated skin surface is lightly abraded with a fanning technique which will allow deeper penetration of a second application of more numbing cream
- Next, multiple tiny dot matrices are created over the desired area of the aging skin to be treated
- Upon completion, topical after care cream is applied and patient discharged with written instructions for after care
What to expect?
- recovery time 4-7 days
- Avoid aspirin or blood thinners 7-10 days before the problem
- Wear no make up and loose comfortable clothing
- Photographs will be taken and the treated areas will be cleaned with sterile soap and water
- Topical numbing cream will be applied on 2 occasions: initially will have the treated area lightly abraded with the plasma pen with minimal discomfort; a second layer of numbing cream will be applied before the dot matrices are created
- During the Subnovii plasma pen placement of the dot matrices, there will be some very brief discomfort experienced only when each dot is created
- Topical after care cream is applied
- Day 1-3: dots covered with tiny little dry scabs with mild itching; apply after care cream; scabs start to lift day 2-3 and darkens; AVOID PICKING!
- Day 4-5: tiny dry scabs start to fall off leaving behind tiny pink dots; make start applying light makeup
- Day 5-7: Treated skin healing nicely with light pink skin; may see early skin firmness by day 7; collagen remodeling process takes up to 3 months to see final results